More on Drop Shot Technique
- The drop shot is very similar in technique to a drive, but with some important differences.
- It sometimes has a shorter backswing as power does not need to be generated.
- Ensure that the racket face remains open.
- Push the racket through the ball to create the slice.
- The player should get down to the ball to keep the racket face no lower than the racket handle.
- Little or no rotation of the forearm.
- The racket head speed is usually much slower than the drive. - as racket head speed increases, racket face must be opened more.
- The follow through is much shorter depending on the position from where it is played.
- The harder the drop shot is hit the more slice(backspin)required.