More about positioning to play a boast
Ball has gone past
- In this situation, the natural swing of the racket once the ball has gone past will take the ball into the side wall.
- Adjust your stroke to hit into the side wall
A deliberate shot as an attacking or tactical weapon
- Position your feet so that a line drawn from toe to toe on either foot is the direction the ball is to be hit.
- Alternatively, you can position yourself as you would a drive, but catch the ball later or deeper in the court.
- Novice players will find the boast useful as they sometimes find it hard to hit to the front wall directly
The diagrams in this link about angles will be helpful.