More on Early Preparation
- Whilst moving to the ball, just prior to playing a shot, the racket should be taken to a comfortable position, ready to hit the ball.
- The early preparation of the racket ensures that the shot commences with the racket head under control, helping execute an accurate shot.
- This prepared position normally sees the racket held comfortably with the racket head at about head height on the side of the body the the shot will be taken.
- Ideally, the racket head should be still before the actual shot commences.
- The racket face should be slightly open.