More on Squash Skills Warm up
- A Sport specific warm up can have a positive effect on your performance.
- It is vital prior to a competitive match .
- It can be replaced in a practice game with a short period of lower intensity play (say building up over 5 - 10 minutes).
- A period of controlled dynamic movement is very useful in peparing for a competitive game and to help reduce injury risk.
- This is also a useful time for mental rehearsal.
- Undertaking this warm up will help refine the muscle memory into a groove.