Hang onto your head
Published: 19 Jan 2008 - 01:24 by rippa rit
Updated: 20 Jan 2008 - 04:38
Subscribers: Log in to subscribe to this post.
How can we lose our head? Easily. How? What?
- when you get ahead and get excited or anxious to win, hang onto your head.
- when winners miss or shots go out, keep your head.
- win a few consecutive games/points, keep your head.
- when the opponent fights back, and get your good shots/winners back, keep your head.
- if you try to do better when you are already doing well, careful, as trying too hard can lose vital rhythm.
Continually regroup when things get tough by:
- reducing your heart rate (the heart is sure to be pumping fast)
- controlled breathing (get the maximum amount of oxygen to the brain)
- keep the eyes and mind within the court (wear blinkers so to speak)
- don't rush to serve (compose)
- forget the audience (ignore their presence)
When winning, for whatever the reason (opponent back from injury, higher seed, lower seed, winding down to retirement, etc ) never take anything for granted, never assume the match is over till the handshake.
When you are winning, stick to the fundamentals, and keep your "head".How to add images to Members' Forum posts and replies here...
There are no replies to this post to date. Make your reply below
Sorry, only members can post replies on this and all other Members` Forum items.
Support us here at Squashgame.info! If you think we helped you, please consider our Squash Shop when purchasing or make a small contribution.