Published: 25 Aug 2004 - 18:28 by rippa rit
Updated: 16 Jan 2013 - 22:01
Subscribers: Log in to subscribe to this post.
As an example of how to set goals, I will use return of serve as an example of how to put together some training goals. Goals should be divided into both long and short term, as shown.
Long term goals
- Return the serve on the volley.
- Force the server out of the centre of the court with the return of service.
Short term goals
- Develop various returns of service, eg
- 1. Drop the return of service to either of the front corners.
- 2. Tight lob down the wall to length.
- 3. Hard low tight volley to length.
- 4. Cross court lob to land in the back corner of the court.
- 5. Reverse boast.
Often we complain when asked to hit with a lower grade player. However, this is an ideal time to develop new skills.
Please Note: The most recent replies are now at the top!
From alexw14 - 16 Jan 2013 - 22:01 - Updated: 16 Jan 2013 - 22:01
From rippa rit - 16 Jan 2013 - 06:46
From alexw14 - 15 Jan 2013 - 22:18
From rippa rit - 12 Jan 2006 - 10:31
From Viper - 11 Jan 2006 - 07:44
From rippa rit - 11 Jan 2006 - 07:13
From Viper - 10 Jan 2006 - 20:26 - Updated: 10 Jan 2006 - 20:27
Sorry, only members can post replies on this and all other Members` Forum items.
Support us here at Squashgame.info! If you think we helped you, please consider our Squash Shop when purchasing or make a small contribution.