Why get to the ball early?
Early preparation gives the best shot options
Published: 10 Oct 2004 - 23:06 by rippa rit
Updated: 15 Aug 2006 - 15:27
Subscribers: Log in to subscribe to this post.
Other examples are:
- More return options, and less repetitive play.
- You have the choice of delaying the hit (deception).
- To return the ball quickly gives the opponent less time to get in position, and makes it difficult to attack.
- It is easier to attack when striking the ball at the top of the bounce.
- Shots are more accurate if struck while the body is balanced and steady.
- TIP: Don't over-run the ball - get to within striking distance, and wait - then HIT - this will also allow for better deception; also a good tip when trying to hit accurately.
Please Note: The most recent replies are now at the top!
From rippa rit - 29 May 2006 - 07:51
Sorry, only members can post replies on this and all other Members` Forum items.
Support us here at Squashgame.info! If you think we helped you, please consider our Squash Shop when purchasing or make a small contribution.