Thoughts that create Obstacles during Play
Published: 09 Sep 2005 - 14:29 by rippa rit
Updated: 17 Nov 2007 - 17:18
Subscribers: Log in to subscribe to this post.
Firstly, I will list some of the things that promote fear during a game:-
- Losing to a lower graded player, eg fear of being beaten, worried about losing a ranking at the club, disappointing the coach/parents.
- Letting the team down, eg knowing the match is an important rubber, team dipping out on the finals, no trophy.
- Being hit by the opponent's racket/ball, eg aggressive opponent, opponent crowding, pushing and shoving.
- Losing to a younger player/woman, eg being humiliated by team mates.
- Freezing on crucial points, eg chocking the racket/swing and hitting the ball into the tin, leading 3:0 and suddenly think you might lose the match/game.
- hitting the ball too late/early.
- forgetting/changing the game plan.
- making errors.
- overhitting the ball.
- arguing with the Referee.
- making excuses and the list can go on.....and on ..
- In short, focus on the things you can control which will assist performance - write a list - you will be surprised.
- Tell us about your experience.
Please Note: The most recent replies are now at the top!
From rippa rit - 10 Jul 2007 - 14:37
From edmpnd1961 - 10 Jul 2007 - 12:05
Sorry, only members can post replies on this and all other Members` Forum items.
Support us here at Squashgame.info! If you think we helped you, please consider our Squash Shop when purchasing or make a small contribution.